Customers have more options than ever before when it comes to software deployment, including on premises or on demand. Software as a Service (SaaS) provides an alternative to traditional on premises solutions.
SaaS is a deployment method that is cost-effective while providing the functionality of an enterprise solution. In this post, we’ll discuss why the cloud is an effective deployment option for the Quality Management System (QMS).
1. Optimized IT Resources: Enterprise software is traditionally an IT-intensive task. Whether maintaining the hardware, managing upgrades or promotions, keeping connectivity or executing backups, enterprise software can drain a company’s IT resources. One of the factors that make SaaS so attractive is that the SaaS vendor can manage all of the tasks related to IT. This frees up internal IT resources, enabling companies to lessen IT’s burden on enterprise solutions.
2. More Focus Placed on the Business and Less on the Software: At their core, enterprise solutions are designed to help streamline and improve business processes. However, heavy administrative tasks often shift a company’s focus toward ensuring the software is configured properly and working, which takes the focus off of the business and onto ensuring that the software is working efficiently to fit their needs. SaaS delivery models help to eliminate this administrative burden, allowing users to focus on the business and not the software. Essentially, in a SaaS environment, the vendor is running the show from their end, leaving the company free to focus on the things that matter most to their business.
3. Scalability: SaaS operates in a completely scalable environment, enabling the system to expand as much as the organization needs it to. Unlike traditional enterprise deployments, there is no concern for hardware limitations or bandwidth requirements—the system is able to increase memory and bandwidth as needed to maximize performance.
4. World Wide Access: SaaS users can access their environment from anywhere in the world, simply by using their Web browser. With this benefit they will always have functionality at their fingertips.
5. Fast Implementation: Because of the virtual nature of SaaS, implementation time is greatly reduced. Organizations do not need to procure hardware, connectivity, and similar IT infrastructure—the SaaS vendor already has it lined up. For the organization, implementing an enterprise application can be as simple as flicking a switch and almost immediately enhancing productivity.
SaaS has become a popular deployment method for organizations that want the benefits of enterprise software without draining their IT resources. Look for a solution that will keep your data safe and secure and will provide you with the level of service you need, the flexibility to optimize your business processes, and the speed and performance that you’d expect in an enterprise solution.
Learn more about cloud-based deployment by downloading our guide to determining which SaaS solution is the best fit for your company.